Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Memories of Comfort

 

I made this card for a childhood friend who recently passed away. Since she was Ukrainian, such as myself, I felt sunflowers were the perfect fall theme. This card was made before she passed away and was intended to be delivered to her signed by myself and 3 other close childhood friends. The inside of the card contained a long letter filled with memories of our youth which we hoped would bring her comfort. However, as fate would have it, she was taken from us quickly, before the card could be delivered. The card was given to her husband at her funeral. 

This is just a reminder to keep in touch with those you love.

 We never know when they might leave us.
 

1 comment:

Gail said...

That's a wonderful card.
Sorry to hear about your friend.
You're right about keeping in touch with those we love.
And as a card maker, our cards make peoples day, so send the card!