Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, October 7, 2022

Autumn Leaves on Fence


 Hello!  Fall is my most favorite season and I love making fall cards. This one was made for a former co-worker whose birthday falls this month. It was an easy card to make because of its simplicity. But I'm sorry to say that my camera did not capture the vibrant colors of the leaves.

I knew what I had in mind so I began by creating my base card in white card stock. It was then layered with gray card stock followed by white.

The gray fence background was from a paper pack that I had on hand. I adhered this to a white panel to add stability.  A wide copper-orange ribbon was then wrapped around it. Finally, this panel was adhered to my prepared base card.

Now to add the focal elements......the leaves were die cut in white card stock and colored with various Distress Oxide inks. I added a couple of leaves that were die cut in copper card stock as well. All were then positioned and adhered to the fence background.

The sentiment was stamped in black ink, die cut and popped on the ribbon with dimensionals.

Here are the products used in this project:

Card Stock:  GKD Pure Luxury White, Copper; SU Smokey Slate; Gray Wood Fence Panel (from a 6x6 paper pack)

Dies:  Hero Arts Autumn Leaves Fancy Die, Sue Wilson Postage Stamp Frame

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Other:  ribbon, adhesive, dimensionals, Distress Oxide Inks, blending brushes

 

 Thank you for stopping by. 

Hope to see you again for another fall card on the way.

 

No comments: