Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, October 7, 2022

Autumn Leaves and Owl

 Hello everyone!  Here is another fall card I created. This one was for a college roommate from long ago. Her birthday falls in the middle of this month.

I began with positioning a circle die on the lower right of a panel of brown card stock. I cut out the circle and then ran the panel through a wood grain embossing folder. I then matted this panel with another panel of brown card stock using dimensional foam to give this panel the appearance of a hole in a tree.

Next, I die cut the owl image using kraft, brown and orange card stock. White and black card stock were used to create the eyes of the owl. A clear Glaze pen was used to give a shine to the black "pupils" of the owl's eyes. The owl was then assembled and put aside. 

The leaves were die cut in white card stock and colored with Distress Oxide inks and put aside to prepare the base card.

Ivory card stock was used to create the base. This was layered with orange card stock followed by an orange and brown plaid layer. At this point, I adhered the wood grain layer to the base using a foam dimensional panel. 

The owl was then positioned in the hole on the "tree" and adhered with dimensionals.  The leaves were adhered using both dimensionals and adhesive. I stuck in a few leaves that I had cut in copper card stock to add some extra interest and shine. This completed my project.

Here are the products used:

Card Stock:  GKD White, Ivory; PTI Chocolate Brown, Kraft; SU Pumpkin Pie, Plaid (digital)

Dies: SU Stitched Shapes, Elizabeth Crafts Poppy the Owl, Hero Arts Autumn Leaves Fancy Die

Inks:  Distress Oxide (various colors)

Other:  Crafters Companion Natural Wood embossing Folder, adhesive, dimensional foam and tape, clear Glaze gel pen,

 

This turned out to be a very large card, measuring 6.5* wide by 8.25" high. It has to be the largest card I've ever made!!!  But I really love how it turned out.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 I will be starting to work on my Christmas cards so

I won't be posting anything new until I'm done with them. 

So until then........ Get those creative juices flowing and make something beautiful!


 

1 comment:

Gail said...

Love the owl!
That is a large card!
I don't think I've made one that size!
I like the previous leaf card too!
Have fun making your Christmas cards!