Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Sewing Charms Birthday


 Hello, fellow crafters! It is February and I have a birthday card here that I created for my best friend. I chose this sewing theme because sewing is one of her many talents. I used dies from 2 different sewing die sets which I have listed below.

I began by creating by base card in whisper white card stock. I decided on a purple color theme and layered the base card with purple card stock. I added another layer in white card stock which was die cut using a scalloped rectangle frame die. This was then put aside to create the die cut images.

The dress mannequin was cut in black mirror paper. I used digital paper from by stash to cover the torso. The thread spools were die cut in kraft card stock and then sponged lightly with brown ink to make them more realistic looking. White card stock and lighter purple card stock were added to the spools to create the look of thread. The needle, thimble and scissors were die cut in silver mirror paper and the scissor handles were paper pieced with the lighter purple card stock. Finally, the sewing machine was die cut in the lighter purple and the wheel was cut in the darker color and adhered to the machine. Silver mirror paper was used on the sewing machine needle.

After all the images were die cut it was time to position and adhere them to the card. Each image was adhered with either dimensional foam or other adhesive. My project was complete.

Here are the products used:

Card Stock:  GKD Whisper White, Pure Luxury White; SU Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum; Black, Silver Mirror Paper; 

Dies:  DIY Scrapbooking Nested Scalloped Rectangle Frame, Globeland Sewing Die Set, Karen Burniston Sewing Charms die set

Ink:  Memento Desert Sand

Other:  dimensional foam, foam adhesives, glue pen

                                                                       

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this post. Please stop by again.

And until next time, make it a great crafting day!



No comments: