Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Coral Floral Birthday

 

 
This card was requested by a gentleman who wanted a birthday card for his wife. I never met the gentleman but he was employed at the same place as my daughter and had asked my daughter if I would create a card for his wife. And so I did.
 
He had said that his wife's favorite color was coral and that she loved flowers. And so I went with that.
Having an idea of what I wanted to create I began with an ivory base card and layered it the navy. For the focal panel I used ivory card stock, die cut it and then sponged the edges with navy ink.The birthday greeting was computer generated. This was then adhered to my prepared base and put aside.
 
The closest color of coral that I had in my card stock collection was GKD's Peach Bellini. I die cut several images of the flowers using Poppystamps Stitched Poinsettia Trio dies. The tips of the flowers were sponged with GKD Coral Reef ink. These were then assembled, positioned and adhered to the focal panel. Spruce stems and leaves were added to the floral images and a pearl was adhered to the centers. This completed my project.

Here are the supplies used:

Card Stock:  GKD Ivory, Peach Bellini; SU Night of Navy; SSS Green Leaf

Ink:  GKD Coral Reef; SU Night of Navy
 
Dies: Spellbinders Eyelet Lace Frame, Poppystamps Stitched Poinsettia Trio, Leane Creatief Small Flowers and Leaves, CottageCutz Spruce Stems

Other:  adhesive, dimensionals, sponge daubers, pearls

Thank you for stopping by! Hope you'll come by again real soon.


1 comment:

Gail said...

This is lovely!
I bet she loved it!