Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, August 19, 2022

Lovely Sunflower Birthday


 Welcome, fellow crafters!  Today's card is one I made for my daughter whose birthday falls this month. My daughter has many sunflowers in her back yard. It's like a big ray of sunshine covering a section of her yard. Hence the sunflower theme I used to create her card.

I began by creating the base card first using white card stock. It was then layered with chocolate brown card stock. The focal layer was embossed using white card stock and adhered to the prepared base. This was put aside while I created the sunflower and sentiment.

The sunflower was die cut and assembled in yellow card stock for the petals and in 2 different shades of brown for the center. I added markings to the bottom of the petals with Copic markers and used a gold gel pen for the"seedlings". The leaves were die cut in green card stock and then shading added using  darker green ink. The sentiment was computer generated along with the butterfly and then die cut in both white and brown card stock. 

The above being done, the sunflower was adhered to the prepared base card with dimensionals as were the leaves. I overlapped the white and brown sentiment labels to give interest and dimension. This completed my project.

Here are the materials used:

Card Stock:  GKD Pure Luxury White, Sweet Corn, Warm Cocoa; SU Wild Wasabi; PTI Dark Chocolate

Ink:  Memento Bamboo Leaves (for shading on leaves)

Dies:  Honey Bee Lovely Layers - Sunflowers, Spellbinders Elliptical Ovals

Other: Lisa Horton Padded Quilt embossing folder, Copic Marker, gold gel pen, adhesive, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by. 

Until next time, get those creative juices flowing and create something beautiful!



1 comment:

Gail said...

Beautiful card.
Lovely embossing folder!