Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, September 17, 2021

Sunflowers and Wheat Thank You

 

This card was created for my dearest friend who has been my best friend for over 60 years. There was a recent death in my family and she was there to share in my sorrow. I wanted to thank her from my heart.

I knew I would need a square layout so I created my 6x6 base card in ivory card stock. I layered it with Blackberry Bliss card stock followed by another layer of ivory card stock. This was put aside so I could work on my focal point.

The sunflowers were die cut in yellow card stock. After these were assembled I used a reddish brown velvet card stock that I had on hand to create the centers and adhere them to the sunflowers. The leaves were die cut in green card stock from the same die set. I used a subtle gold card stock to die cut the wheat heads. Blackberry Bliss card stock was used for the sentiment.

The die cut sunflowers, leaves, wheat and sentiment were then positioned on my prepared base card and adhered with dimensionals and glue dots. This completed my project.

 

Here are the materials used in this project:

Card Stock: GKD Ivory, Sweet Corn; SU Wild Wasabi, Blackberry Bliss; Velvet scraps

Dies:  CottageCutz Sunflowers, Impression Obsession Wheat, Sue Wilson's Shadow Box - In the Garden

Other:  adhesive, dimensionals  

 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Autumn is beginning next week and it is my favorite season. I will be making a couple of autumn birthday cards in the next couple of weeks so be sure to visit.

Until then.....make it a great crafting day!         


No comments: