Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Gear up Birthday


 One of my nephews' birthdays fell this month. What to make?  What to make? Masculine cards take a lot of thinking to come up with unique themes. This is what came to mind for me.

I began with creating the base card in white card stock. Then it was layered with black card stock. I wanted to add some contrast to the black and white and thought the plaid layer would fit the bill. This was put aside while I worked on the focal panel.

I first die cut the racing flags, gears and race car. The flags were cut using black and white card stock, the gears with black mirror paper and the race car with black, silver and turquoise mirror card stock. I cut a strip of black card stock and created dash lines with a white gel pen to simulate a race track.

For the focal panel a piece of white card stock was cut using a stitched rectangle die. The black strip was positioned and adhered . Next, the race car die pieces were arranged and adhered to the black strip.  The race flags were positioned and adhered using dimensionals. The sentiment was computer generated, die cut and then positioned on the card with dimensionals. The gears were randomly placed to finish the theme.

Listed below are the products used:

Card Stock:  GKD white, black onyx; black, silver and turquoise mirror card stock, plaid digital paper

Dies:  Sue Wilson Double Stitched Rectangle, CottageCutz Race Car and Flags, Cheery Lynn Gears

Other: adhesive, dimensionals, Unibal white gel pen

 

Thanks for visiting! My next project will be fall birthday cards. Hope you stop by to view them.

In the meantime, enjoy the last several weeks of the hot summer! Stay safe!


2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is an awesome card design and I love the car die cut in the mirror cardstock. It looks so real that way.

mashlover said...

You are very talented, Olga !