Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, July 23, 2021

Chess Board Birthday

 

Hello, fellow crafters! Do you find it hard to come up with many different themes for masculine cards?  I know I do. I have 3 males that I make birthday cards for each year and each one is different. Trying to come up with ideas each time is not an easy task. The card above is a birthday card I made for my brother whose birthday falls this month and I decided on a chess theme,.

I began by creating my base card in ivory card stock. This was matted with a panel of kraft followed by a panel of black card stock. I searched on line for a chess board image and printed it out. Then I cut black squares and adhered them to the chess board image to give it some dimension. The chess board was then adhered to the prepared base card.  The chess pieces were die cut in black mirror paper and adhered to the chess board using dimensionals.  The sentiment was computer generated and adhered to the chess board with foam tape.This completed my project.

Here are the products/materials used:

Card Stock:  GKD Ivory, Kraft, Black Onyx; Black mirror paper

Dies:  Yvionne Creations Chess Game, Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges

Ink:  GKD Sandy Beach (for sponging sentiment edges)

Other:  adhesive, dimensionals, foam tape, sponge dauber

 

Thanks for stopping by!  Come back again soon.

  In the meantime.....get creating!



1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design. I love the chess board theme. You always make wonderful cards.