Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, March 13, 2020

Pocket full of Wishes


Hello!  Todays's card is one I made for the wife of my other nephew.  Both nephews' wives have birthdays in March.  I thought "a pocket full of wishes" theme would make a perfect birthday card.

I began with embossing a 5x5 inch panel with a Marianne Design EF. The embossed panel was then matted with navy and blue card stock,  all of which was adhered to a white base.

Using a jean's pocket template, I cut out the pocket in denim digital paper and added brads as buttons to the corners. The pocket was mounted on fun foam and then adhered to the card. The flowers were die cut, colored with copics and then adhered to the denim pocket image with dimensionals.  The leaves were die cut using green card stock and then added to the floral images  For the smaller flowers in the lower right hand corner, these were die cut with scraps of different colored card stock and the centers were colored with a black Sakura Glaze pen. The sentiment was computer generated on white card stock, matted with denim digital paper and adhered with dimensionals.  This completed my project.

Here are the products used in this project:

Card Stock:  GKD White, In the Navy,  Black Onyx;  PTI Spring Rain; SU Wild Wasabi;  scraps of various colors for flowers and leaves, denim digital paper
Dies:  John Next Door Cornflower Dies, Spellbinders Create a Sunflower, Rubbernecker Stamps Mixable Flower Stack, Spellbinders Matting Basics B
Embossing Folder:  Marianne Design Linen
Other:  adhesive, fun foam, dimensionals, copics, Sakura Glaze pen, brads


Thank you for stopping by!  Hope you were inspited to create.  
Until next time......make it a great day!


1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

A very gorgeous card. I love those pretty flowers in the pocket,