Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, March 23, 2020

Grand Piano Birthday

This is the card when closed.


This is the card when opened with the music stand upright.


Hello!  I hope all are well and staying safe during this very stressful time  and finding ways to cope and still enjoy life. I keep myself busy with cardmaking, watching favorite recorded shows and catching up on household chores (my least favorite). 

The card pictured above was made for a friend who requested a birthday card for his adult son who is an organist and a music lover.  Since I couldn't find any organ themed dies, I felt this grand piano theme would be an appropriate and perfect substitute.

 I began by die cutting the grand piano image in black cardstock. This was matted with gold mirror paper. Next, I worked on the inside of the card. The piano keys were die cut and adhered to the inside bottom. Then the inside message, which was computer generated, was adhered above the piano keys.  The music stand was die cut and attached. A music sheet with "Happy Birthday" was added to the music stand.

For the front of the card, "Happy Birthday" and the musical notes were all die cut in gold mirror paper and randomly adhered. To add a bit of contrast, a red strip of card stock was adhered to the bottom edge of the card front. My card was complete.

Here are the materials used in this project:

Card Stock:  GKD Black Onyx, White, Red Hot; Gold mirror paper
Dies:  Marianne Designs Piano, Memory Box Musical Motifs, Sue Wison's Happy Birthday
Other:  Happy Birthday music sheet (computer generated), adhesive

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you can find time to craft 
to take your minds off the challenges and anxiety we are currently facing.
Stay safe everyone!


1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card design. I love the grand piano you have created. Stay healthy my friend.