Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Summer Sunflower Birthday

 

Hello fellow crafters! Here is a summer card I created per request from my daughter for an old childhood friend of hers. Her friend lives in California and has been there for decades after moving from her Ohio home.

I began by creating the focal point elements...the sunflower and wheat. The sunflower was die cut in yellow card stock and then color was added with Copic markers. For the centers of the flower I used 2 shades of brown and then added white specs to mimic pollen. Next the flower's leaves were die cut with green card stock and wheat spikes with pearlescent gold. Finally the twig wreath was created using brown card stock. This was all put aside in order to prepare the base card and background layers.

I used white card stock for the base and then layered it with brown followed by yellow card stock. The white embossed layer was adhered to the base with fun foam. The die cut images were then positioned on the card and adhered with dimensionals or adhesive. A birthday greeting, which was computer generated, was added as a final step. My project was complete.

Here are the materials used:

Card Stock:  GKD Sweet Corn, White, Grass Green, Charcoal Brown; PTI Dark Chocolate; Pearlescent Gold (Unknown)

DIes:  Honey Bee Lovely Layers Sunflowers, IO Wheat, Twig Wreath, Avery Elle Double Pierced Rectangle

Other:  Lisa Horton Padded Quilt EF, dimensionals, fun foam, adhesive


Thank you for popping in! I will be showcasing another summer card shortly.

 Please stop by again!


No comments: