Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, August 29, 2020

You Rock

Add caption

Hello!  My younger nephew's birthday fell this month and I made this card for him. I couldn't decide what to create so I went looking for inspiration and this was the result.

I wanted a definite masculine look to this card so I chose a weathered wood background from my stash of patterned papers. I matted his with GKD Charcoal Brown card stock and this would be my front panel.

Next, the images for the focal panel were die cut using black mirror card stock. Three sets of letters for the word ROCK were cut using Memory Box Vintage Varsity Alphabet dies and stacked to give dimension.  Also, 3 sets of letters for YOU were cut from an Elizabeth Craft Designs Alphabet 2 - Lower Case die set and stacked. The records were die cut with SugarPeas Designs Greatest Hits dies. The record labels were cut from the same die set using patterned paper except for the blue label on which the "Happy Birthday" was computer generated. Fun foam was added to all 3 record images to give dimension. The music notes were die cut with the same die set.

After all the images were die cut, they were positioned on the focal panel and adhered. The sentiment (For the record) was computer generated on weathered wood background paper and cut in the shape of a board. This was matted with charcoal brown card stock. Brads were added at each end to give the look of nails. This was then adhered to the card with dimensionals

The card front or focal panel was then adhered to a GKD Pure Luxury White card base using dimensional tape. This completed my project. 

 Thank you for stopping by!  Hope you were inspired to create. 

Make it a great crafting day! 

 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your nephew will love this. I know I do. This is a great design.