Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Age is Merely a Number


Hi everyone! My brother retired at the beginning of this year. Over the years he  has traveled to many far away places such as Ireland, Italy, China, etc. So for his birthday, I decided to make a card representing some of his adventures.

I began with preparing my card base in GKD Blue Denim card stock. I then layered it with GKD Pure Luxury white card stock and, before removing the card stock from the die, I sponged around the edges with Memento Summer Sky ink. Next, I created a frame in silver card stock using a die from Spellbinders 6x6 Matting Basics A. I put this aside in order to work on my focal panel.

The globe was created in silver card stock using Impression Obsession's Globe Set die. The colored map portion of the globe was computer generated, sized and adhered to the globe to give it the realistic look. The filmstrip was made in black mirror card stock with a Marianne die.The photos in the film strip were computer generated and adhered to the film strip to represent some of the places my brother had traveled to.  The sentiment was personally composed and die cut with a Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangles die. The images and sentiment were then adhered to my prepared base card with dimensionals. My project was complete.

Thank you for stopping by to visit. I hope you enjoyed this post and will come back for more card making. 




 Entered into the following challenge:

Crafting with Butterflies  -Challenge #55 -  Masculine Card

5 comments:

Gail said...

This card is wonderful! Love the depth!

Susan Hogan said...

What a beautiful card. Love this - so CAS and so effective. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Susan DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card design. Great layout.

kittykat3308 said...

Your card is wonderful. I love it

Kathleen

Wynn said...

Love the CAS style of your card and the great sentiment. Where did you find this I wonder.....love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT