Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Emboss Resist Birthday



Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a card I made for my sister-in-law, whose birthday is today. She's a crafter and the person who introduced me to card making several years ago.

I began by creating my focal panel. I stamped my image (HFC Sun Kissed Fleur Swirls) on white card stock with Versamark ink and embossed it with white EP. Next, I sponged Memento Sweet Plum ink over the image. Using a paper towel, I rubbed over the image to bring out the white embossing (this technique is referred to as "Emboss Resist"). I added my sentiment (from GKD Stately Flowers 8) in Memento Espresso Truffle ink and then cut and embossed my panel with a die from Sue Wilson's California Basic Frames A set. I put this aside to work on my base card.

I used white card stock to create the base card and layered it with GKD Edible Eggplant card stock. I added another layer in white which was embossed with Sue Wilson's California Decor Frames B. In my final step I adhered my focal panel to the prepared base card with dimensionals.

The technique I used in creating this card always gives such beautiful results. If you haven't yet, give it a try. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks for stopping by and....make it a great day!  


This card was entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #80 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #65 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #26 - Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs   -  July Challenge - Anything Goes
Joan's Touch  - Vacation Challenge - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -  Challenge #43 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #140 - Anything Goes
Creative Moments  -  Challenge #46 - Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters -  Birthday Challenge
The Paper Shelter  -  Challenge #166 - Birthday
Sunshine Mail  -  Challenge July 1 - Anything Goes 

9 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Olga, this is gorgeous. I am so glad we are doing this open challenge to see some of these techniques that I forget about. Great job and thanks so much for sharing it with us,.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Darlene said...

Oh Olga this is absolutely stunning! Happy Birthday to your SIL ... I'm sure she will LOVE this gorgeous creation ... I know I DO!!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Ina G said...

Olga this is so beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous even more so that it is in my favourite colour lol Love this technique and you have made this a real WOW card. Your SIL will love it. Funny how we have to make something so special especially when it is for the relative/friend who introduced us to this great craft. I have one the same and our birthdays are just a few days apart.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh how gorgeous this is. I always love your work!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful, Olga. You are such a master of the die cut - you always use them to the best advantage. Really gorgeous!!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Olga your card is so beautiful. Love the colors....heck I love everything about it!!

Cards By MI said...

Such a classy looking card. I love every singel part of it. Stunning! Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter and our birthday challenge.
Love n hugs
Marie

Ginny B said...

Olga, you make the most exquisite cards! Love that background embossed frame.

:o)
Ginny B

Anonymous said...

This is certainly a classic card that any recepient would be very delighted to receive. I will certainly try the technique,Olga. Thanks for sharing.