Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Cherry Blossom Birthday on Vellum


I made another card for the Just Us Girls challenge which required the use of vellum anywhere on the card. This is very similar to my previous card. I love the look of stamping or embossing on vellum. I think it gives a card a touch of elegance.

My first step was to cut a panel of vellum and stamp my cherry blossom branch in black ink and emboss it with clear EP.  I did the same with my sentiment. The dragonfly is a die cut which I adhered to the vellum.  

Next, I cut a panel of pink card stock to the same size as the vellum panel. The vellum was then adhered to the pink panel. I added a ribbon along the left edge. This was then adhered to my white card base with dimensionals and my card was complete.

Here are the products used:

Card Stock:  vellum, GKD Pure Luxury white, GKD Bubblegum Pink
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Deep Red Cherry Blossoms,  GKD Scripty Sayings
Dies:  IO Dragonflies
Other:  Ribbon, adhesive, dimensionals


Thanks for visiting!
Please stop by again for more card making. I love your comments so please feel free to
comment away.  Until next time, happy crafting!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):

Just Us Girls  -  Trend Week Challenge #343
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #176  - AG
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #112 - AG
Aud Sentiments  -  Challenge #155  -  AG plus sentiment
TTCRD  -  Challenge 5/17-5/23  -  AG
Tuesday Throwdown  -  Challenge #294  - Embossing

6 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Another stunner, Olga. I love the soft pink background, I'm so partial to black and pink together. Embossing on vellum is always beautiful. Another great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us once again this week over at Just Us Girls!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Pink and black are a great combination.

Cicci said...

Wow this was a beutiful creaction. Love this!!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs! Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door

Sandy said...

Your card is very elegant, love the pink, white and black theme. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Anonymous said...

This is very beautiful and elegant. Thanks for dropping this by 613 Avenue Create this week. We hope to see you again soon!


Sara
My Blog

Pamela said...

Beautiful, elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart.

Pam x