Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, June 14, 2013

You Did It!




Besides being the month for Father's Day, June is also graduation month for many. My card celebrates the Grads.

I thought a wise owl would be a good image for a Grad. I started out with a white base card. I layered it with a black lattice patterned digital paper.  (I really liked that digital paper pattern.) I cut and embossed white ovals using the largest oval from Spellbinders Beaded Oval dies and the second smallest oval from the same set for my sentiment. The leaf branch was made from a Memory Box Lorelei Leaf die which I die cut in black. The owl, from Hampton Art, was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored with Copics and cut out. The mortar board is a solid stamp from PTI and was stamped in black and also cut out. The diploma is a digital stamp that I printed  and cut out and adhered to the small oval with the sentiment, which was computer generated. All images were popped on with dimensionals.

I wasn't sure how this card would turn out, but after it was all done, I really liked it.  Hope you did too!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz - Copic/Promarker School's Out/Graduation Challenge
Sister Act - Challenge #11
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #23

No comments: