Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Today and Always




This was my next silver and gold card......a wedding card. Again, I used silver card stock (GKD) for the base followed by a layer of white on which I embossed a frame using a Nellie Snellen embossing folder. I stamped my sentiment, from GKD Elegant Florals stamp set, using Versamark on white card stock and embossed it with gold EP. Then I die cut it with Spellbinders Stately Circles and positioned it in the middle of the frame. The bells are a digital stamp which I cut out and adhered to the circle. I added silver Stickles to the bells' clappers and a silver edged ribbon and three white pearls  to give the card a finished look.

Not too much work in making this card. The toughest part was cutting out the bells. I'm not very good at rounding corners with scissors. Must have been absent when that was being taught in grade school.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz - Silver & Gold  GCC0603
613 Avenue Create  - Challenge #22 Anything Goes Create Your Own

2 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Olga!

You card is absolutely stunning! I love the beautiful embossing and the lovely, delicate, focal grouping! Such beautiful work. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project with us here at 613 Avenue Create.

Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create

My Creative Therapy said...

Olga this is just beautiful! Love the embossing, die cut and embellishments! The key to cutting corners with scissors is to turn the paper while cutting not the scissors :) Does that make sense? LOL! Hope so! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
Kathi
Co-Owner/DT Coordinator