Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Tiled Rose




This card was made using a technique called "Faux Tiles". It was the theme of the Tutorial Challenge at Speedy TV.  Here is a Link to the tutorial.

First, I prepared my base card in GKD warm cocoa card stock. Next, I added a white layer. Then I cut another layer in GKD honey mustard using Spellbinders Locking Loops die and adhered that to the white layer. 

For my focal point I scored a white panel, both horizontally and vertically, every 1/2 inch. Then I stamped my rose image, from GKD Stately Flowers 6, lightly onto the scored panel. Next, I carefully colored the image with Copics, making sure not to color in the score lines.When colored, I adhered it to the locking loops layer.

My sentiment is from GKD Dogwood and Butterfly stamp set. I stamped it in black on white card stock and then embossed it with clear EP. It was then cut and embossed with Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small. I cut and embossed another oval in honey mustard using Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Small. I matted the sentiment layer with the scalloped oval and popped it onto the card. 

If you've never tried this technique, I hope you do. I know you'll be happy with the end result.  


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Speedy TV - Tutorial Challenge #55 
Sister Act  -  Challenge #13
TTCRD  -  Anything Goes - Jun 25 - Jul 2 
The Outlawz  -  Anything Goes - CPC062813


14 comments:

Margaret said...

I just found your blog Olga. You make very beautiful cards. :)

Olga Moore said...

Hello Margaret, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog. And thanks for the lovely comment you left. I sincerely appreciate it.

Davi said...

Beautiful card Olga! You did a wonderful job with the tiles and love how you framed them :)

Lagene said...

Great faux tile card Olga! Thanks for joining us on TTSTV this week!

marcelle b said...

I love this card Olga, it's so pretty, and I am now a follower! Have a blessed weekend!

Olga Moore said...

Thank you for all your kind words. I truly appreciate your comments.

Elaine said...

Create card Olga well done .

Thank you for joining us at Through The Craftroom Door Challenge this time and GOOD LUCK.
Hugs Elaine

Trisha Stanley said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card!! Thank you for entering this week at Sister Act! Good luck!

Trisha-DT

Stampsnob said...

Very pretty Thanks for joining this week challenge....Lis

Jane said...

Beautifully done Olga!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at TTSTV.

Pam said...

This is so lovely. You did a great job with the faux tiles. Thanks for joining us at TTSTV!

Maxam Made said...

Beautiful card, I love the tiles and the colors, Great photo work!

Pat Garvin said...

Love the framing. Very pretty.

Olga Moore said...

Thank you all so much for your kind comments!