Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thank You Peacock




Do you have stamps that you acquired quite a while ago but seldom used. I know I do. Well, I decided to dig one out and see what I could do and this is what I came up with.

The peacock stamp is from GKD Pretty As a Peacock stamp set, one that I've had for several years but used only once. I colored it with Copics and cut it out. The flourish is from HFC Feather Grass and the sentiment is from GKD All Occasion Tags. Both were stamped with Memento Teal Zeal ink on white card stock. 

After stamping the flourish and sentiment, I used Spellbinders Marvelous Squares to die cut the panel. Using the largest die from that same set, I die cut another panel in white. I then attached the 2 panels using dimensionals.  

I cut the base  card (5x5") from white card stock.  I pierced a turquoise layer all around the edges and adhered it to the base. The white panels were then attached to that layer and the peacock image was popped on with dimensionals. I added Stickles to the leaves of the flourish and the tail of the peacock.

I feel as if I've given that peacock stamp a second chance at redeeming itself. And I think it has.

No comments: