Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Make My Heart Bloom




This card was made for an "inspiration" challenge. The inspiration for this project was to come from one of three pillows, each with a different pattern. Here is a photo of the pillow I chose that inspired my card.....


 I chose black card stock for my base card. On both the front and back side edges of the base card I created borders with Spellbinders Bracket Borders One die. Next, I cut a panel in white card stock just a bit smaller than the front of the base card. Using a different border die from the same set I  created a border on the right side edge. I then adhered this to the base. 

The lattice was made using a Cheery Lynn French Lattice die. I created a frame from Spellbinder's Labels Seventeen, using the largest die and the next to the largest die. The lattice panel was adhered to the back of the frame and then the edges were trimmed to fit within the frame. Then I adhered this lattice frame to my card/

The sentiment is from GKD Friends are Forever stamp set and was stamped in black ink on white card stock. Using another size die from Spellbinders Labels Seventeen,  I cut out and embossed the sentiment. Black ink was sponged around the edges. The final addition was the poppy flower, cut from Spellbinders Poppy Patch die in both red and green card stock and then paper pieced and adhered to the sentiment label.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s);
MFP Speedy TV  -  Inspiration Challenge #16 - Pillows
The Outlawz  -  TT062013


2 comments:

Lois said...

Your card is so pretty. I really like the edge cut with the die. Thanks for playing in the Inspiration Challenge on Speedy TV.

wannabcre8tive said...

So very pretty, I love the French lattice. Good to see you playing along in the Inspiration challenge.