Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Friends Are Forever




I recently received the Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One dies. I went searching for ideas today. My inspiration came from some beautiful cards I found during my search.

The card looks much nicer in real life. The camera just didn't  capture the elegance of it. And as you can probably see, it turned out to be a tall card (H 6.5 x W 4.75). Since I don't have 12x12 card stock (all mine is 8.5x11), I made it to open by flipping up the front. The back of the card is scored at the top edge and adhered to the back top edge of the front.  It flips open like some cell phones. Does that make sense?

The card stock I used in this project is ivory and blue (two of my most favorite color combinations) from GKD. The base card is ivory followed by a layer of blue. I die cut 2 of the scalloped borders from the die set in ivory. In addition, I cut and embossed the center of each of the border panels with one of the dies from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles. In the center of that die cut, I added a die cut oval in blue from Spellbinders Floral Ovals.

I made a folded ribbon bow from my stash of ribbons and  adhered it to the lower left portion of the card. The butterfly was made by 2 separate Spellbinders Les Papillions dies....the solid (shadow) one in blue card stock and the open one in vellum.

I didn't know whether to add a sentiment or not because I didn't want every inch of space on the card covered. So I opted to computer generate a sentiment and then used a die from Marianne Creatables Small Ovals by Petra and inserted it behind the folded bow. The sentiment says "friends are forever".

1 comment:

Gabi said...

Super duper elegant card, Olga! Just love what you have done with those dies. Will put them on my wish list, definitely!