Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Follow Your Dreams




Here's another graduation card I made. This one is more of a "girly" one.

I cut a panel of white card stock measuring 6.5 x 4.5 inches.  This was going to be the front of my base card. I cut and embossed the lower edge of this panel with two different dies from Spellbinders Bracket Borders One. I cut a strip of red card stock about 2 x 4.5 inches and cut and embossed it with one of the dies from the same set. It was adhered to the base above the die cut bottom edge. The patterned paper, which is digital, was cut the length of the base card, one edge cut and embossed with the same die as the red strip, and then adhered to the base, just above the red, trimming the top to fit.

The image of the graduate is a digital stamp printed on white card stock and colored with Copics. It was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles, layered onto a red panel and then popped on with dimensionals. The sentiment was computer generated and then cut and embossed using Spellbinders Distressed Edges die.

For the back of the card, I cut another panel, the same size as the front, cut and embossed the bottom edge with the same two dies that I used on the front white base. The bottom edges of both the base front and base back of the cards are the same. I scored the upper edge of the back panel about 1/2 inch from the top, added a strip of adhesive tape and attached it to the top edge of the front panel.

Thanks for stopping by and have a sun filled day!


This card was entered into the following challenge():
The Outlawz  - Copic/Promarker School's Out/Graduation Challenge
Sister Act  -  Challenge #11


No comments: