Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Celebrate Today




Today I made a "celebration" card that could be used for almost any celebratory occasion: birthday, anniversary, retirement, etc., a good card to have on hand.

I used peach colored card stock for my base card. I added a layer of ivory, a layer of digital patterned paper in a darker shade and a final layer of a pretty peach pastel digital patterned paper. Before adhering the top two layers, I attached a ribbon and bow.

For the focal point, I die cut the second largest die from Spellbinders Marvelous Squares in ivory. Next, I die cut the next smaller die from the same set but I used the darker peach paper for this. For the sentiment (PTI Round & Round) I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped it on ivory card stock and then die cut it with the third largest die from Spellbinders Adorning Squares. I sponged around the sentiment while still in the die using PTI Melon Berry ink and then popped it on with dimensionals.

This turned out to be a very lovely card and I'm looking forward to giving it on a special occasion. 


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #23 Anything Goes
TTCRD -  Anything Goes Jun 11-17
Sister Act  - Challenge #10 


4 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hello, Olga! Your cards are just so very pretty and so delicate! I am always truly impressed by your work. Your work is Classic and I love that! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, very elegant!
love the background paper.
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra

Lagene said...

BEAUTIFUL card! TFS!

Lagene said...

BEAUTIFUL card! TFS!