Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Football Birthday



Hello! My older nephew is a big fan of the Georgia Tech college football team. So I decided to incorporate that theme into his birthday card. He turned 35. And, by the way, his initials are GT.  How cool is that?

Here are the products I used to create this card:

Card Stock  -  GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, In the Navy, Grass Green,  Good as Gold Metallic
Dies  -  Quickutz Large Football, Little B Sports Dies, ProvoCraft Numbers Dies, Avery Elle Dotted Elle-Ments
Embossing Folder -  Creative Expressions Textured Linen, Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles
Other  - adhesive, dimensionals,

The textured linen embossing folder was used to create the background (playing field).  Thin strips of ivory card stock were cut to create the goal posts and then adhered to the "playing field" with dimensionals. The large football, embossed with the tiny bubbles EF, was die cut in navy and in gold and then assembled. The helmet was also die cut in navy and gold and then paper pieced. The sentiment and "GT" initials on the helmet were computer generated.

I was very pleased with the end result.  I have 3 men in my family that I send birthday cards to each year. Masculine cards are always a challenge and I find myself trying to come up with 3 different themes each year. But it's always fun searching ideas until that light bulb in my head lights up.  LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by and please come by often.
 Until next time, make it a great day!





No comments: