Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Western Birthday




Hello!  Today I have a card to share that I made for one of my nephew's birthdays.  It's always a challenge to come up with a masculine card. So...while surfing the web I came across one of Theresa Momber's cards and was inspired to create this birthday card for my nephew. Theresa is an illustrator for Gina K. Designs and extremely talented. I love her creations! Thank you, Theresa!

I began by creating my main focal panel using various inks to sponge my background:  GKD Sweet Corn, Memento Cantaloupe, Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa. Various grass images were stamped at the bottom of this panel in Memento Rich Cocoa

Next, I created the fence posts by swiping Memento Rich Cocoa on some narrow cut strips of white card stock and then adding bronze brads to connect them. The fence post was positioned on the panel in order to determine where I would be placing my birthday greeting, which was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then embossed with clear EP.  Some birds in flight were stamped and embossed above the birthday greeting using the same ink and EP. The fence post was then adhered to the panel using dimensionals.

Jute was used to create the lasso hanging on the fence post and adhered lightly. The cowboy hat and boots were cut with Tessler Crafts using PTI Dark Chocolate card stock and  then matted with GKD Kraft card stock. These were then positioned and adhered to the card with dimensionals.

My base card was created using GKD Warm Cocoa. It was layered with GKD Sweet Corn. Another layer of PTI Dark Chocolate was added. Finally the focal panel was adhered and my project was complete.

Hope you were inspired to create!  Until next time, have a great day!

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is fantastic. That is an awesome western themed card.

Cathe said...

Awesome card! The robe was an excellent idea! The entire card is awesome!