Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

First Confession / First Communion



Here are 2 cards I made for two young celebrants of their first Holy Confession and Holy Communion.

The base cards were prepared using GKD Pure Luxury White. I added a layer of blue glitter paper. Next came a layer in white which was dry embossed with a die from Sue Wilson's Austrian Salzburg die set. The cross was cut from white glitter paper with a die from Spellbinders Crosses Two. I added an additional slanted crossbeam which represents the footrest in the Ukrainian Orthodox tradition.

The top card was made for my Goddaughter's son. I adhered 3 ferns using a Martha Stewart Fern Punch and 1 flower using a die from Leane Creatief Small Flowers & Leaves to distinguish it from the other card which was made for my Goddaughter's niece. I used 3 flowers and 3 ferns on this one, using the same punch and die. A white pearl was added to the flower centers. The sentiment was computer generated and then cut with a die from Spellbinders Tranquil Moments set.

We celebrated 3 events:  First confession/communion, Father's Day and a promotion of one of my Goddaughter's brothers. This was held at another one of her brother's homes where we had a pool party, music, food and drink. The weather cooperated (90+ degrees) and we all had an enjoyable day, especially the kids who stayed in the pool the entire day. Oh, to be young again!

No comments: