Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

50th Anniversary



Hi everyone! Today I'd like to showcase a 50th Anniversary card I made for my dearest friend and her husband. They have shared 50 cherished years together. I wish you could see the shimmer of the champagne in the champagne glasses. It really is striking.

The base card was made using GKD white card stock. I layered it with gold glitter paper and put it aside. Meanwhile I prepared my focal panel by positioning a die cut heart, made with Memory Box Bingham Heart, and determining where to have my sentiment and their names placed. Nex,t I printed my sentiment and names via computer, positioned the heart die cut and adhered it.

The champagne glasses, cut with a Die-Namics die, were assembled using white card stock, vellum and gold glitter paper. Before adhering the glasses, I cut the number 50 from gold glitter paper and adhered  it beneath the heart. I was then able to position the champagne glasses in the manner shown in the photo.

For the interior of my card, I chose to die cut two other champagne glasses (from Cottage Cutz) and placed them around the verse. Here is a photo of one of the glasses:


That completed my project. I was very pleased with the end result. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it. Thanks for stopping by and come back again and again. Until then, make it a great day!


4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous and elegant looking.

kittykat3308 said...

Your card is simply gorgeous.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Judy Woodland said...

Absolutely stunning. The wonderful couple is going to be blown away by your creation. How clever to make the champagne with glitter....AMAZING!!!

Unknown said...

How do I order this card. dhabeg@accesstoledo.com