Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Orange Poppies Easel Card


Hello, crafting friends! Today's card is an  easel card that I made for my DT entry in this week's The Outlawz Twisted Thursday "Anything Goes" Challenge....with the "twist" being an easel card.

I began with preparing and scoring my base card which would be the easel part of my card. The shape was cut using  a  Spellbinders Stately Circles die. (Here is a video tutorial on making a basic easel card. There are other videos on line demonstrating how to make shaped easel cards). I cut another identically shaped panel with the same die, stamped my image (from GKD Stately Flowers 1), colored it with Copics and added black glitter to the center of the poppy image. To add a bit more interest I adhered a small butterfly in black which was cut with a die from a Tattered Lace Butterflies. This would be my focal panel which would later be attached to my easel base. I put this aside to continue working on my base.

I layered the bottom of my "easel" with dotted swiss pattered paper. Next, I cut a smaller die cut piece, which was cut from the same Spellbinders die, and stamped my sentiment (from the same stamp set as my focal image). I added 3 black half-pearls above the sentiment which would serve as the "stopper" for my easel card. As a final step, I adhered my focal panel to my base card and my card was  complete. 

For mailing, the easel card folds flat as seen in the photo below:

 NOTE : Copic colors used for poppy:  YR07, YR04, Y17, YG61,YG63

 
If you are interested in complete details on how to create an easel card, make sure you view the video tutorial. There are many different styles and shapes of easel cards and you can find tutorials for them on line. Seeing how one is done is much easier than trying to read instructions. If you haven't made one yet, hope you will give it a try.

Thanks for visiting! And make it a great day!






5 comments:

Ina G said...

This is beautiful Olga - such a striking colour and your little butterfly just finishes your card of perfectly.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, this is super stunning. I love your easel card. The coloring and layout are wonderful.

Lisa Babitz said...

Gorgeous coloring! Beautiful both inside and out!!

Janet McLaughlin said...

Olga, your easel card is stunning! I love the flower image, and you colored it beautifully!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just gorgeous. Love that stunning color, and your die cut is just beautiful!!!