Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Golden Autumn



Hello, everyone! A very long time ago there was a cologne by Prince Matchebelli called Golden Autumn which I loved. I wore it all the time. When it was discontinued I was very disappointed. I still remember it to this day.  Hence, the theme for my DT project for this week's "Anything Goes" Twisted Thursday challenge at The Outlawz. NO optional twist this week.

I knew what I had in mind to create so I began with  my focal point, cutting a tree image from a Memory Box Swirly Tree die in brown card stock. Next, using gold Glitzy Glitter card stock, I cut several maple leaves using an Impression Obsession Leaves die. I chose GKD Pumpkin Spice card stock and then cut and embossed it with Sue Wilson's Spanish Collection Seville die. I then adhered my tree and leaves to this panel. I composed my own sentiment and printed it out on my computer on ivory card stock and cut and embossed it with Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges die. After removing it from the die, I used a Versamark pen to dab around the edges and embossed them with gold EP. This was then popped onto my focal panel.

 I then prepared my base card in brown card stock and layered it with ivory card stock which was cut and embossed with the larger die from Sue Wilson's Spanish Collection Seville set. As a final step, I adhered my prepared focal panel to my base card.

(By the way, I discovered that Golden Autumn cologne is available as a vintage item on Ebay. However,  I don't think I will be buying any.)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I always appreciate any and all comments so please feel free to drop me a note. And finally....wishing you a "golden autumn" of a day!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Repeat Impressions   -  DCC924 ~ Fall







7 comments:

Patti J said...

Olga, this is gorgeous! The fall colors are just so rich and vibrant! You really should enter it into the Fall Colors challenge at The House That Stamps Built! Hugs...

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Beautiful card. Love it.

Patricia St Martin said...

Olga, Wanted to stop by and tell you how stunning your beautiful fall tree is with those fantastic leaves. I have to see if I can find the die. I love the cut and the way it embosses the leaves. Turned out wonderful.
Hugs, Pat

Evelene said...

The leaves are absolutely gorgeous and attractive and the Sue Wilson Seville die is something I'm dying to get. Love your card, Olga.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Olga, this is absolutely dreamy. I LOVE your tree.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Cheri said...

Incredibly stunning, Olga! I just love your detailing and art. So glad you played along with the challenge at The House That Stamps Built, my friend. Hugs.

redwasher1 said...

Olga, this is such a gorgeous fall card!!! Thanks for joining us at RI