Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Autumn Greetings


 

Hello, crafting friends! Autumn is my favorite season. Maybe it's because my birthday falls in the autumn, I don't know. But I love the crisp air, the palette of different hues of color, the sound of walking through the fallen leaves.....To me it's the most beautiful season of the year. 

And "the first day of fall" happens to be the optional theme this week at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge. So this is my DT card that I created for this challenge.

I took a 4.5 W x 5.0 L ivory panel and used Spellbinders Die D-lites Medallion Seven to cut the center designed circle. I added my sentiment, which was computer generated. Next, I stamped the leaf stamp, from GKD Falling For You STV Kit, in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to several different colored pieces of card stock. I embossed the leaves with copper EP and cut each one of them out (this was the hardest part). The acorn was cut using a Memory Box Nutty Acorn die. The leaves were then positioned and adhered to my panel and the acorn was popped on with dimensionals.

(I could have used a die to cut out all the leaves and save my hand from all the cutting, but I wanted to use the copper EP to bring out the veins in the leaves and the copper EP does that beautifully)
For the base card (5.25 W x 5.75 L), I used red card stock and matted it with kraft (5.0 W x 5.5 L). As a final step, my focal panel was popped on to my base with dimensionals.

Hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for stopping by.
 Remember to make it a great day!






This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Dies R Us  -  Challenge #10 - Fall Festival
Creative Moments  -  Challenge #51 - Anything Goes - Fall Colors
One Stitch at a Time  -  Challenge #219 - Anything Goes - With a Die
613Avenue Create  -  Challenge #89 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #74 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #36 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  -  Challenge Sep 16-22  - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #150 - Anything Goes

17 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I have that die. Thanks for the inspiration, I don't usually use it in this way. It's gorgeous, as is the card. Love your fall colors!!!!

Darlene said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Olga! LOVE this design ... very creative, clean and BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks so much for playing in our ‘FALL FESTIVAL’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Janet McLaughlin said...

Another stunning card, Olga! I love the colors...it certainly says Fall! Great design!

Pamellia said...

This is beautiful! I love how you made that fancy window, how creative! Your leaf arrangement is vibrant and very eye catching! Great autumn card! :)

Sherri said...

What a "WOW" card! Love the medallion in the center & your leaves are such a beautiful accent! Thanks for joining in the "Fall Festival" challenge at Dies R Us!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is stunning and a great way to use that die too! Love the rich Autumn colors.

charlene said...

Very pretty love the simple beauty you have created here thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Olga, I had to stop by your blog to tell you how much I enjoy your card. Fantastic fussy cutting of the leaves. Love how you used the die cut medallion as your focal point. What an elegant, classy creation!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Olga, this design is stunning. I love the die cut window and those little leaves are gorgeous. I really like how you bunched them all together.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Sarah said...

Olga, this is just beautiful! That die is gorgeous!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

This is a fabulous card.

verybellemakes said...

Such a beautiful card - I love the rich colours you've chosen for your leaves. Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Deonna B said...

Awesome card! What beautiful colors and design. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with Through the Craftroom door this week.

Mikha Adriani said...

WOW! Love it!! Beautiful leaves colours, and especially how you put dies on the middle and make it like window
Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Fall Challenge. Wish to see you again next time ;)
Hugs, Mikha

Jo Ann said...

Gorgeous design and execution. The center die-cut is awesome and the little leaves are superb! We truly blessed that you joined our Challenge last week and hope you'll join us again here at Word Art Wednesday...I want to leave you with God's Word in Psalm 40:4, "Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods." Hugs and blessings always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Love this card! Great design and use of dies! Thanks for participating in Dies R Us "Fall Festival" challenge!

Darlene said...

Hi Olga ... Congratulations ... this card was a WINNER at the Dies R Us Fall Festival Challenge. Please contact me for your prize code. Details on our Dies R Us Challenge Blog.