Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hello Friend in Plaid


Hi, everyone! Here I am again with a card that I created for this week's challenge at Joan's Touch.  The criteria for this challenge was to use plaid, checks or stripes and to have a border around your image. I chose a gray plaid pattern from GKD Poppy Prints paper pack, which I coordinated with red.

I began with my base card in white card stock and layered it with a medium gray color. I added a layer in red and then my gray plaid layer.

Next, I worked on my focal image, which is a stamp from HFC Sun Kissed Fleur Swirls. I stamped my image in Memento Gray Flannel ink on white card stock. I colored the image with Copic markers and then die cut and embossed it with a die from Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles.

The sentiment is from GKD Stately Flowers 1 and was stamped on white with GKD Cherry Red ink. This was then die cut and embossed with the smallest die from the above mentioned Spellbinders die set.

The last step was to pop the focal image and the sentiment on my card with dimensionals and my project was complete.

Thanks for stopping by to visit! 


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Touch  -  Challenge 8
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #127 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #13 - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers  -  Challenge #113 - You've Been Framed

11 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Olga, what a beautiful card.
Great colors and I love the simplicity.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Lin said...

Your floral image is really striking, and the die cut is to die for (no pun intended)

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Sue said...

Fab card thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT

Unknown said...

What gorgeous colors on this card. I never think to use red and gray, and it's stunning. Just lovely!!

Unknown said...

Red and grey especially plaid make their own statement. The die cuts are pristine, the stamped image is perfect. Thank you for joining us this week and for posting your awesome art in our Word Art Wednesday challenge. Blessings, Carole

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous Olga, love the design layout you used and love that gorgeous background paper too, the perfect backdrop for your pretty focal image panel.

Verna Angerhofer said...

My dear Olga...this is so gorgeous. I love all the beautiful designs you do and you have a real knack for making awesome cards. The pattern paper is perfect with the image and love the die frame too.

Blueboreale (Aurore) said...

Jolie carte !
Merci pour ta participation au crafting from the heart challenge
Bises

J said...

Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more... I love these colours combined! Red and grey is so elegant.

Jackie

Unknown said...

Beautiful project! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Crafting From The Heart. Hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.

fionalawlor said...

Such a fab card! Your image is so pretty and your die cuts are gorgeous :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Fiona x