Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Easter Iris


Hello again! Easter is less than 2 weeks away and I thought I'd create another Easter card. I read Theresa Momber's tutorial on coloring the iris stamp from GKD Stately Flowers 8 and was inspired to create this card.

I began with a 5x7-inch card base in white card stock. I scored the base card but did not fold it at this point. Using the 2 largest dies from Spellbinders 5x7 Matting Basics B, I embossed the top portion of my base card  and then scored and folded it.

In the next step I die cut 2 frames in white card stock with Spellbinders Gold Labels Four, using the 2 largest dies. While still in the dies, I lightly sponged the edges of both label panels with Memento Cantaloupe ink. I stamped the Easter greeting, a wood mounted stamp from Stampabilities, in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the smaller panel. At this point I popped on these panels onto my base card with dimensionals.

The iris was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored with Copic markers and cut out. The final step was to adhere the iris to my card with dimensionals.

I really love how this card turned out. Thank you, Theresa, for the tutorial and the inspiration! And thank you all for stopping by to visit.


This card was entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #66 - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers  -  Challenge #113 - You've been framed
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #13 - Anything Goes (Easter Theme)
TTCRD  -  Apr 1-8  - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #126 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls  -  Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz  -  Challenge #225 - Springtime
Challenges 4 Everybody  -   Challenge #40  - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments  -  Challenge #103 - Easter or Spring Sentiment
Craftitude  -  Challenge #62 - Anything Goes


17 comments:

Jacquel said...

Wow! This is beautiful...love the labels!

Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us again @ 613 Avenue Create!!!!!

Lin said...

Hi again Olga. Another gorgeous card. Love the yellow shading and your flower looks amazing.

Thanks for sharing with us again

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Unknown said...

This is just exquisite Olga - you have colored that Iris perfectly. I cannot say enough about how beautiful this is -STUNNING!!!

Evelene said...

Such a very lovely spring card, Olga. If I may request you to do a bit of a tutorial on how you did the base of the card, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks kindly.

Unknown said...

Wow!Wow! Wow! Love, love this Olga! Thanks so much for playing with AudSentiments. Good luck!

Olga Moore said...

Evelyn, I'm not sure I know what you mean by the "base of the card". Perhaps you mean the scoring around the entire card front? Let me know and I'd be more than happy to show you in photo steps.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I just love your work. This is magnificent and beautiful!

Evelene said...

Yes, it's the scoring and also the folding Olga that I'm curious to see how you did them. I'd be glad if you show us the photo steps. Thanks a lot.

Viv said...

Stunning card. Thanks for sharing with us at CCM & M and good luck!

Olga Moore said...

Evelene, per your request, I will be posting a photo tutorial today of how to create the scored frame on a card. Hope it is helpful to you.

NormaJean said...

So Pretty!! Thank you for Joining us at Craftitude..
Hugs DT Norma Jean

~ginny said...

Clean, simple, Gorgeous! Olga this is a beautiful card with the layers, the intricate diecut for the Sentiment and the fabulous colors in your flower! Thank you for sharing your project & wonderful creativity with us!
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#103 "Easter or Spring Sentiment"]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

SoniaW said...

Wow - this is so pretty i love the simpliicty of the card and the dies you have used are so delicate! Perfect! Thanks for joining us at crafting from the heart - Sonia W DT

MC said...

Aw so lovely! I like the lacey edges. Very beautiful flower too.

Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments. Love, Marie-Clare from cardsbymc.blogspot.com xx

Julie Reed said...

Very pretty, I love the label dies yo have used here. Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M. Jules DT :)

J said...

Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more... a very effective use of the dies.

Jackie

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fabulous card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Craftitude - Good Luck!
Hugs Donna DT xx