Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Double Gatefold Card




Hi, everyone! Here it is Thursday and time for the Twisted Thursday challenge at The Outlawz. The challenge for today is "anything goes".....but with a twist. And the twist is..........a  gatefold card.

I decided to make a double gate fold card. Here's a link to a tutorial on how to make a small double gatefold card. However,  if you want a larger one, just increase the length of your card size but keep the scoring lines for the folds the same as instructed in the tutorial.

In my first step, I prepared my base card. To add a little interest I made the top panels scalloped by using dies from Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders One.

Next, using a die from the same Spellbinders die set, I cut a layer of patterned paper, slightly smaller than the panels, and adhered it to the top panels. I also layered the inside panels with the same paper. Because my base card was white, I wanted to add some contrast when the card was closed, so I layered the panels behind the top most panels in pink card stock.  (I hope that makes sense)

For the inside of the card, I stamped a partial image of a cherry blossom branch from Rubber Stampede on white card stock and colored it with Copics. I added some butterflies from GKD Celebrate the Season and GKD Sending Sunshine in black ink. The sentiment, from GKD Framed Greetings, was also stamped in black. I then used a MS punch-around-the-page punch to create the frame. This was then adhered to the inside center of my card.

As a final step, and to ensure that the card would remain closed, I added a belly band made from ribbon and topped it with a bow.

Hope you enjoyed this post and please join us at The Outlawz for this super challenge. You are not required to make a gatefold card....only if you would like to take advantage of the "twist". "Anything Goes" means just that.....anything goes, your choice.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pretty card. So feminine and just lovely. I haven't made a gatefold card in a long time - you have inspired me!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Olga!!! I love the fold you used on this card!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You have done an outstanding job on this beautiful card. I love the colors and elegance you instilled in it. And, a double gatefold is a type I have not heard of so I will have to check it out. Thanks for the link.

Patricia St Martin said...

Olga, Beautiful job, love those edges, they looks so pretty when the card is open. Love all the sparkles that is in the paper. Did I send you Nicecrane images???
Just checking.
Hugs, Pat