Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Daisy Blues

 
Hello everyone! I found inspiration for this card after viewing a project on line. Since a friend's birthday is coming up, I decided to create it just for her.

I began by cutting a 5x5 inch panel in white card stock. Using Versamark, I stamped HFC Feather Grass Flourish images randomly over this panel. Then I heat embossed them with turquoise EP. In the next step, I created a border on all four sides using a Martha Stewart Punch-Around-the-Page punch. Turning this panel over, I used my Score-Buddy to create a fold line in order to fold one corner, making it look like a flap. My sentiment, from GKD Signs of Spring, was stamped in black and wet embossed with clear EP. 

At this point in the project I created my base card using white card stock and layered it with turquoise. The white panel was then adhered to the base with dimensionals.

I created the three flowers in turquoise card stock by die cutting them with HFC Delicate Asters (I call them daisies) and layering them in triplicate. To create the centers I placed a drop of adhesive and then added yellow Flower Soft. When dry, I adhered the flowers onto my prepared base card with dimensionals. The leafy sprigs, from a Martha Stewart punch, were adhered to the flowers as my final step.

Until next time, thanks so much for visiting my blog. Please consider becoming a follower which will always let you know when a new project has been posted. Your comments are always welcome and very much appreciated. I hope you stop by often.


This card was entered into the following challenges:
The Outlawz  -  GCC0428 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #130 - Anything Goes
One Stitch At a Time  -  Challenge #210 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -   Challenge #54 - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar  -  Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create  -   Challenge #69 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  -   Challenge #29 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -   Challenge #33 - Floral
Sunshine Mail  -  Apr 15-30 Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls  -  Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Craftitude  -  Challenge #63 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz  -  Challenge #228 - Anything Goes

20 comments:

Faye said...

What a fantastic card and one I think I might be able to do myself! I love the lacy "hanky" and the most fabulous color in the world!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and colors

fiona mctiernan walker said...

A beautiful card and love the colours. Thankyou for entering our challenge this fortnight at Crafty Girls.
Hugs
Fiona dt/blog co-owner x

Ina G said...

Simply stunning Olga. So very elegant in gorgeous colours.

Gail said...

That's beautiful, and you punch around the page waaaay better than I can!

Frann said...

I love it! How very creative to turn over the corner of the border punched piece to make the flap. I'll have to try a card like this. It's so pretty!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this card. Great layout and awesome colors used on it. Your work is stunning sweet lady!

tilly said...

I love the design of this pretty card, so effective, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge
Tilly

Unknown said...

Beautiful thanks for joining us at sister act this week and good luck
Hugs Tonnie DT

cass said...

Beautifully crafted and designed card, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

Debbie Adams said...

Stunning card. I love it!! Really liked how you folded down the top of the die cut and added flowers under it so beautiful; and a wonderful idea. :D
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge Anything Goes.
Deborah OSAAT DT

Anonymous said...

Stunning thanks for entering fan-tastic x

Papercrafting Princess said...

Lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Sunshine Mail - Princess DT Member

~ginny said...

A very creative and elegant piece Olga! I love the fold over of your square "doily" and then using it for your sentiment! [I would have stamped that upside down I just know it!] And I love the description of the making of the flowers - thank you for that! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project & special creativity at our house!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create:
#69 ATG
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

crafty-stamper said...

a very elegant card love the floral spray and turned back flap -thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart
Carol DT x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. Love how you turned the frame down like that. Really makes this card pop. I absolutely love the colors too!

CraftyGirl said...

Fab card love the folded down part and the lovely flowers. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Love your stunning card... Love the Flowers... And the colour you have used....
Thanks for joining us at FanTastic Tuesday
This week
Hugs Sylvie xx

Cara said...

Gorgeous Olga and so feminine! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

Unknown said...

Hi Olga
The Winner of Challenge # 33 will be announced on Sunday 11th May...
Best Wishes
Suzy B Owner of Fan-Tastic Tuesday