Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Heal "Beary" Soon


Hi, fellow crafters! Hope all are safe and warm in the US Northeast. We're getting some clippers here in Ohio but nothing to worry about. We've had to struggle with several -0 temps and snow a couple of weeks ago but this week we're heading towards temps near 50 and rain.  YAY!

My brother and sister-in-law were touring Spain last month when my sister-in-law had a mishap and injured her right arm. After returning to the US she had to have her arm put in a cast for 6 weeks.

I thought the little teddy bear with its right arm in a sling was a perfect image for the card I wanted to make for her.So I started out with a light pink card base. I layered it with chocolate brown card stock. I added another layer of darker pink which was cut and embossed with Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges die. For my focal point layer I used white card stock on which I had computer generated my sentiment and then cut and embossed it with a smaller die from the same die set. While still in the die, I sponged Memento Angel Pink ink over it.

The teddy bear image, from GKD's Under the Weather stamp set, was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored with Copics and then cut out. The floral image is from GKD's Grateful Heart STV Kit. I stamped this image in Memento Rose Bud ink. For the shadow effect, I inked the image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, stamped it once on scratch paper, and then on my focal point layer. This layer was then adhered to my card and the teddy bear attached with dimensionals.

Here is a photo of the inside of the card:


Hope you enjoyed this post. I love to receive your comments so please feel free to add one. Until next time, Happy Almost Spring!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz  - GCC0217

No comments: