Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sympathy Vine


I enjoy sketch challenges. You are given a layout, a blueprint so to speak, and you grab your card making materials, imagination in tow, and go to work. My card is based on a sketch for a challenge at The Outlawz.

One of the criteria for the sketch challenge was to use a swirl(s) on the card. I opted to use a digital image that I had stashed away in my computer, already colored. This image is so soft and delicate looking I thought it might be a good image to place on a sympathy card so that's what I decided to go with.

I found an appropriate quote that I liked and printed that out on white card stock (from GKD) then cut it out with Spellbinders Labels Twenty Three and sponged around the edges while still in the die using Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink. I cut another label, same size,  in wine (also from GKD). I adhered the two labels, offsetting them, to give the illusion of a shadow. I did the same thing for the sentiment, using the smaller labels from the same die set. To fit my sentiment on the small label, I had it computer generated. To finish off my project, I added a fern leaf, in wine, created by a MS punch. All was adhered to a wine base card.

This card was entered in the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz - Sketch Challenge

1 comment:

Sharon Underwood said...

This is very touching & so elegant. I enjoy seeing your work at Outlawz, too! Hope you are getting along OK.