Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Birthday Gifts Trio


Hello!  The wife of my younger nephew has a birthday this month. Here's the card I made for her.

Since I didn't know how large the card would be I started with my focal panel.  Using white card stock I cut a 5"x 6 1/4" panel. Next I die cut squares in various colors using a die from Sue Wilson's Ornate Pierced Squares.  These were then layered with matching dotted swiss digital paper. A white ribbon was added and the bows were die cut from 3 different die sets:  SU Pretty Pines, Memory Box Crisp Bows, and Frantic Stamper Gifts and Bows. These were adhered to the gift boxes and set aside.

Next, the frame was created from GKD Pure Luxury White card stock using 2 dies from Sue Wilson's Double Stitched Rectangles. This was then adhered to the focal panel using foam tape. The gift images were positioned and then adhered in the frame with foam tape.

The base card was created in GKD Pure Luxury White card stock and layered with digital patterned paper. The focal frame was then adhered to the prepared base card and my project was complete.

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you were inspired to make it a great crafting day!

2 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I just LOVE this. Your colors are fabulous, and the white die cut ribbons on the "gifts" are so fun. Great design, this card just makes me smile!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a delightful and clever design. I love it and all the wonderful pattern papers you used for it. Those gifts look amazing!