Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Stacked Cupcake Birthday



Hello fellow crafters!  Here is a card I made for my nephew's wife's birthday. She is a master at baking and I thought I'd offer a little competition with my stacked cupcakes (chuckle).

I began with creating my base card in white card stock. It was layered with pink gingham digital paper. This was put aside to work on my focal panel.

A panel was die cut in white card stock. Before adding any images, I decided on a greeting and then had it generated by my computer. Since I didn't have any cupcake dies, I had to improvise. I created the cupcake liner by embossing a piece of pale pink card stock. To create the cupcake tops I used an oval die and a scalloped oval die and created 5 cupcake tops in various colors. I added glitter to each cupcake top and then positioned them one on top of the other. The candles were die cut and a Jelly Roll pen was used to add shimmer to the flames. I matted my focal panel with hot pink card stock and then adhered it to my prepared base card.

Here are the products used in this project:

Card Stock:  GKD Pure Luxury white, hot pink (unknown), various colors; gingham digital paper
Dies:  Sue Wilson Double Pierced Rectangles, Hero Arts Infinity Ovals, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals, Divinity Designs Birthday Candles
Embossing Folder:  SU Textured Impressions Corrugated Dynamic
Other: glitter, dimensionals, Jelly Roll Clear Star pen

This was a fun card to make. Thanks for visiting! 
I hope you enjoyed this post and will stop by often.
Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cool.a great birthday card design.

Judy Woodland said...

I love this, Olga. Your colors are fantastic and stacking those cupcakes is GENIUS!! Really cute and creative card!