Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Wedding Shaker Card


Another wedding card to share. This one was requested by a very lovely lady, that I've only met through emails, whose grandson is getting married. I've made several cards for her in the past. This turned out to be a very large card....a little over 8 inches high and 6 inches wide. 

I began by die cutting the heart wreath twice and adhering the two together. I temporarily positioned the wreath on my front card panel to determine where to print the sentiment and names of the bride and groom. Then these were computer generated.  Next, once again positioning the wreath temporarily on the card, I determined where to place  the champagne glass dies in order to create the negative space that would hold the shaker elements. After die cutting space for the glasses, the wreath was permanently adhered to the panel. The part of the wreath that overlapped the champagne glasses was cut out.  This gave the appearance that the wreath was behind the glasses.

Now it was time to prepare the shaker elements.  I cut a piece of acetate and adhered it behind the cut out glasses.  Next, I added foam tape around the portion of the glasses that would house the shaker elements. Then, and very carefully, I added the little glitter heart shapes. As a last step in creating the front panel of the shaker card, using dimensional tape, I covered the back with a piece of card stock just a bit smaller than the panel itself.

I prepared the base card, slightly larger, and adhered the focal panel to the base. I added some die cut bows and small overlapping hearts to complete the look. My project was complete.


Here are the products used in this project:

Card Stock  -  Shimmering Ivory, GKD Ivory (for the inside message)
Dies  -  Memory Box Bingham Heart, Sizzix Framelits Scalloped Hearts, Die-Namics Layered                                  Champagne Glass
Other  -  Reflections Glitter Shapes, adhesive, dimensionals

Thank you for stopping by. Hoping you were inspired to create. 
Until next time,  Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this idea. Those goblets are perfect for a shaker opening. So gorgeous too!

Gina Lovato said...

Yes I just bought my dies now I’m on the hunt for ideas TFS the information shaker is the key!������ happy card making!��������

Linda T said...

Wonderful and so generous of you to tell us how off to make this today!