Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Coffee Cup Pop-Up Birthday







Hello fellow crafters!  My daughter, who just LOVES coffee, had a birthday this month. I decided to use coffee as my theme for the card I made for her.  When the card is opened flat, up pops up a coffee cup.

The products used in this project:

Card Stock:  GKD Pure Luxury White, Blue Denim
Stamps:  GKD Fabulous Frame Fillers
Dies:  Spellbinders Triple Floral, Elizabeth Crafts Cup Pop Stand, IO Coffee Set, Cottage Cutz Stitched Oval
Inks:  GKD Blue Denim
Other:  digital paper, adhesive, dimensionals, sentiment composed and computer generated, crown image computer generated.

I began by working on the pop up cup on the inside of the card. Here is a link to a video tutorial in lieu of providing directions.

After completing the inside, I worked on the front of the card. First, I die cut my frame and adhered it to the base card. Next I added a layer for the background using digital paper from my stash. The coffee pot and cup were die cut and then stamped with the floral image.  I added a strip of matching digital paper to the top and bottom of the coffee pot and a small piece of brown card stock was adhered behind the coffee cup to make it appear as if the cup was filled with coffee.  These were then popped on with dimensionals. My sentiment was printed on white card stock, computer generated and then die cut and adhered to the card.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope this post gave you inspiration to create.
 Until next time, have a creative day!




1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Olga that is so gorgeous with those beautiful colors and layers. And, I love that it is a pop up card too. Great design and work my friend indeed!