Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, May 8, 2017

Poppy Easel Cards



Hello! I received a request to make 2 easel cards for Mother's Day, one showcasing an orange poppy and the other a red poppy.  These were going to be sent to daughters of the person requesting them.

If you've never made an easel card but would like to try to make one, here is a link. Since I'm providing a link to a video tutorial, I won't go into detail on how to create these. It'll be a lot easier to watch a video. There are many video tutorials to choose from on line if you'd care to look into them.

Here are the supplies used in making these cards:

Card Stock:  GKD Pure Luxury White, Black Onyx, Neenah Bright White
Stamps:  GKD Stately Flowers 1
Dies:  Spellbinders Elegant Ovals, Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Ovals, Tattered Lace Butterflies
Other: adhesive, black half pearls, Copics, Stickles
Inside sentiment was composed and computer generated 

I hope you try your hand at creating some easel cards. I'm sure you'll love the end result.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to make it a great day!


2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those are so beautiful and elegant. It's been a long time since I made an easel card. And I love the poppies too.

Judy Woodland said...

So pretty. I love that poppy image and the oval is gorgeous. Well done!