Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Sympathy in Blue


Hello everyone! Sadly, I needed a couple of sympathy cards. I never look forward to making these but I'm glad I can add my own thoughts or sentiments to the family. One card I saw on line caught my eye and I wanted to make a similar one. 

I began with creating a sponged circle in blue on my focal panel. Next I stamped the floral branch in black ink and embossed it with clear EP.  My sentiment was also stamped in black ink and embossed. I added a blue ribbon as a final touch. This was then popped onto a blue card base with dimensionals.

Here are the products used:

Card Stock:  GKD white, PTI Spring Rain
Stamps:  SU Thoughts and Prayers, PTI Daily Designs Sentiments
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, GKD Powder Blue
Other:  Clear EP, ribbon, adhesive, dimensionals


Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you'll come back to see more card making projects.
Remember to make it a great day!

3 comments:

HJ said...

Your card is perfect for a sympathy card. None of us likes to need them, but when necessary, they are comforting to the family in need. I love your blue circle with the black branch across it. Great design and colors.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this Olga, simply stunning. Your soft colors are gorgeous, as is your design. I'm pinning this.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful and I love the soft blue shades in your card. This makes for a wonderful sympathy card and it has a calming effect.