Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Thinking of You on Vellum


Hello! It was hard for me to choose how to use vellum in this project. There are soooo  many possibilities. That was the challenge for this week at Just Us Girls Challenge Blog. Here's what I finally decided on....

I began by stamping the floral border in Versamark ink on clear vellum and then embossing it with white EP.  I did the same with my sentiment. The butterfly was stamped on a separate piece of vellum, embossed and then cut with a butterfly die.

I cut some green card stock the same size as the vellum panel and then adhered the two together on the left edge. I added a white ribbon down the side and attached the butterfly. This was then adhered to a white card base with dimensionals and my card was complete.

Here are the products used in this project:

Card Stock:  Vellum, GKD Grass Green, GKD Pure Luxury White
Ink:   Versamark
Stamps:  HC Sun Kissed Fleur Border & Corner, GKD All Occasion Tags, Hero Arts Antique Butterflies & Flowers            
Dies:  Sizzix Antique Butterflies & Flowers
Other:  White EP,  ribbon, adhesive, dimensionals

Hope you enjoyed this post and get creative with vellum. Until next time, thank you for stopping by and remember to make it a great day!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):

Just Us Girls  -  Trend Week Challenge #343
613 Avenue Create  - Challenge #176 - AG
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #112 - AG
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #230-231 - AG
Creative Moments  -  Challenge #93 - AG
TTCRD -  Challenge 5/10 thru 5/16  - AG
Tuesday Throwdown  -  Challenge #293 - Thinking of You

9 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Olga! Love this project! You did a fabulous job with the vellum! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just truly gorgeous I love vellum, Olga and you've excelled.
Thanks for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Thank you so much for posting this lovely creative art in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #230-#231 - Anything Goes.
Blessings, Carole

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is beautiful. I love how you used the vellum.

Judy Woodland said...

This is simply stunning, Olga. It reminds me of old lace or something. The white embossing against that beautiful color is just simply perfect. I don't see your card among the entries over at Just Us Girls....hope you get it in before Thursday at 9 pm. It's just gorgeous, as usual!!!

Aileen said...

Absolutely beautiful card.

Juliz Design Post said...

Gorgeous elegant card, I love the romantic look vellum gives. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Julie x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful card - so classy. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Pamela said...

Beautiful work, so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart.

Pam x