Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

90th Birthday


Hello! Today's card was made for a friend who asked that I make a card for a neighbor lady who was turning 90 years old in August. I was inspired by a card I came across created by Debbie Stevens, whose cards are amazing! 

I began with creating my focal panel. On a 5x5 inch panel of white card stock I cut out my leafy image by using a Cheery Lynn Ivy Corner Flourish die to create a negative space. The cut-out was put aside to be adhered later.  I added a piece of GKD Ocean Mist card stock behind the negative space. Next, I used a rectangle die to create an opening on my panel and then created a frame for the opening using 2 rectangular dies, one larger and the other smaller. This frame was positioned and attached over the opening. At this point the actual cut-out of the ivy corner was adhered to the card on the right side.

Next, I prepared another white panel about an 1/8 inch larger than my focal panel and determined where I needed to stamp my sentiment in order that it could be viewed through the frame on the focal panel. Once it was stamped, I layered the focal panel over the larger panel and adhered it with dimensional tape.  This was then matted with GKD Ocean Mist card stock and adhered to a white card base.

The flowers were cut and embossed using Marianne Floral Fantasy dies and then colored around the centers and outside edges of the petals with Copic markers. I added some microbeads and some glitter to the centers. I needed to put these aside for them to dry. When dry they were adhered to my focal panel. As a final step,  I added the "90" numerals to the card. This completed my project.  

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, happy crafting!






3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I saw this on FB and loved it. What a gorgeous card design.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so beautiful!!! I love how you die cut that corner flourish and used the negative and positive on the card. Also love the beautiful soft blue color with just the hint of silver for the numbers. Gorgeous, the recipient will be so pleased!!!1

Unknown said...

I also saw this on Face Book.....it's GORGEOUS!!!