Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Favorite of the Bunch


Hello everyone!  I know, I know, it's too early to be thinking of autumn. And we all know what comes after autumn. Here in the states summer just began about 3 weeks ago. But this card was made for a challenge at Stamp TV where this week's theme was to "put your mask on".  So I chose the pumpkins and wheelbarrow images for my masking project. 

In the first step I die cut and embossed a piece of white card stock that I would be using for my focal panel.  The dies used were Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles and Sue Wilson's Kefalonia die.  Before removing the dies, I sponged around the edges of the center die with Memento Cantaloupe ink. I put this aside to work on my images.

I used 3 different images for my focal point. The wheelbarrow image is from GKD Beyond Baskets stamp set, the pumpkin trio from GKD Heartfelt set and the single pumpkin is from GKD Autumn Splendor STV Kit.  I began with first stamping the single pumpkin on white card stock and stamped it again on another piece of card stock and then cut this one out to use as my "mask". The purpose of "masking" is to cover a stamped image in order that other images can be stamped around it. I used the mask to cover my pumpkin image and adhered it with repositional adhesive. I then stamped the wheelbarrow over the mask so that it would appear that the pumpkin is sitting in front the wheelbarrow. Next, I stamped the wheelbarrow image once more onto a piece of card stock and cut it out. I used this cut-out as a mask to cover the  wheelbarrow on my focal panel. I then positioned and stamped the pumpkin trio over the mask. This made it appear as if the pumpkins were sitting inside the wheelbarrow. After all the masking, I colored my completed image with Copic markers, cut it out and put it aside. The hard part was done.

For my card base, I used PTI Dark Chocolate card stock. My focal panel was then adhered to the base. At this point, I positioned and adhered the cut out wheelbarrow image to the focal panel using dimensionals. I stamped my greeting (from GKD You're My Favorite stamp set) using Memento Rich Cocoa ink and this completed my card. 

If you haven't tried the masking technique, have a go at it. I know you'll be pleased with the results. There are several video tutorials for those of us who, like myself, like to see techniques visually in lieu of reading "how to" tutorials.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time, make it a great day! 


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Stamp TV STV15MON28 - Put Your Mask On
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #68 -  AG
Creative Moments  -  Challenge #78 - AG 
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -  Challenge #94 - AG
Papertake Weekly  -  July 14 Challenge - Don't be a Square
Sister Act  -  Challenge #115 - AG 
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #192 - AG


7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

This is such a beautiful fall card, and perfectly suits the challenge. Great coloring and sponging. Really stunning, my dear!

Natalie said...

Your card is beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week

Unknown said...

This is stunning and your coloring is beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Nicely done and love how you colored the wheel barrow of pumpkins.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act, good luck!!! Amy DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful harvest scene. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 192nd Challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Beatriz said...

Lovely card! Thanks for join as at creative moment challenge, good like and hope to see you next time! Hugs Beatriz DT