Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Screen Divider Card




I think screen room dividers are so beautiful. Many of them have panels with asian art or Japanese motifs. I decided to make one as a birthday card. 

My base card is white card stock and the panels are GKD Cherry Red card stock. The pattern on the panels was created with some floral stamps I had using Versamark and embossed with white EP.  The sentiment was computer generated and die cut with an oval die. Various size butterflies were added to finish it off.

Just fold the card and place a ribbon around it and it's ready for mailing.


I hope you enjoyed this post and will be inspired to make one of these beautiful screen fold cards. Here's a link to instructions on how to create one. I'm sure you will be pleased with the result.

Thanks for stopping by and please stop by often. And your comments are always most welcome.



This card was entered into the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments  -  Challenge#127 - Week 2 - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challege   -  Challenge #138 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -  Challenge #77 - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination  -  Challenge #25 - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time  -  Challenge #233 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly  -  Challenge 3/17/15 - Happy Anything
Sister Act  -  Challenge #98 - Anything Goes
TTCRD - Challenge Mar 17-23 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown  -  Challenge #236 - More Than One Fold
Wags 'n Whiskers - Challenge #150 - Monochromatic
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #175 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous colors and neat screen.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Your white embossing looks great on the red. Thanks for the link and inspiration - I'd love to give this a try!!

Unknown said...

Aren't these so much FUN to make and decorate? LOVE your red color and those flourish style stamps, super pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just gorgeous. I have seen that style and it intrigues me, especially now that I have seen you do it. And the white embossing on the red card stock is so striking. Really stunning card!!

AndreaNorris said...

This is very effective it looks fab! Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD this week and good luck
Andrea x

Gail said...

This is very pretty!
Good job!

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely looking card. Very classy! Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments.
Love n hugs
Marie

Debbie Adams said...

Such a very pretty card. Love the white and red together. Thank you for joining us at One Stitch At A Time.
Deborah DT

Jo Ann said...

What a nice design and I adore the colors of this card. I am grateful that you joined us in our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you an inspirational verse as spoken by Jesus to them that believe from John 14:21 and it says, "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." A blessed week to you always.