Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fly Away



Hello, everyone! It has been raining here on and off for the last 3 days. Can't get any work done outdoors like the planting of my flowers. But what better way is there to spend rainy days than to rev up your creative juices and do some crafting!

Here's a card I made for this week's Twisted Thursday challenge at The Outlawz. As always, the challenge is "Anything Goes" with an optional twist. This week the twist is "things with wings".

I began by making a 5.5 x 5.5 inch base card in white card stock. Using black card stock, I used a Martha Stewart punch around the page punch to create a layer which I adhered to my base. 

The floral image is a Stitchy Bear digital stamp which I printed out on white card stock and colored with Copic markers.  Next, I die cut this panel using Spellbinders Luscious Labels One and, while still in the die, sponged it with Memento Angel Pink ink. This was then popped on to my base card.

The butterfly was created with dies from Spellbinders Les Papillions Two; bottom butterfly layer in pink using the closed die and the top layer in black using the intricate open die. Then the two butterfly layers were attached in the middle section in order that the wings would be free and the entire butterfly was popped on with dimensionals to the base card.

Hope you will join us for this week's challenge. Thanks for stopping by and have a craft filled day!



4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning! Great colors used for this card and lovely diecuts too. You create such beautiful works of art.

Evelene said...

Such a lovely card, Olga. The focal element is so gorgeous on the brown lacy backround. I love it. You're the first one I saw using this new Spellbinders Luscious Labels One die, which I'm tempted to buy. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

What a striking card! Just beautiful. On my computer your first layer looks like very dark brown on ivory/cream cardstock, I wish you could see it - I'm sure you'd be impressed!!

Mary Mac (new follower)

Unknown said...

WOW Olga!! You are so talented with those die cuts and your coloring is just fabulous!! Such a gorgeous card.