Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Unforgettable Orange Floral


Hello, fellow crafters! I made a couple of cards today and this one was created for the week's challenge at Joan's Touch.

Beginning with a white card base, I layered it with GKD Sweet Mango card stock, followed by another layer in PTI Dark Chocolate and then a layer of patterned paper which I selected from my stash. I rounded the corners of the patterned layer and, using dies from Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B, added intricate corner die cuts in brown to opposite corners.

On white card stock I stamped my floral image, from GKD Unforgettable duo stamp set, in Memento Espresso Truffle ink. To color the flowers, I used the "huffing" technique. I colored the flower petals with Memento Tangelo marker and the stems with Memento Rich Cocoa marker. Before stamping my image onto my card stock, I "huffed" on my stamp in order to remoisten it and then stamped it. I did this three times in order to get the 3 floral images. (Here is a link to a very concise but informational video on huffing).

Next, I die cut my floral image panel with Marianne Creatables Small Ovals by Petra, and while still in the die, sponged around the edges with GKD Sweet Mango ink. For my final step, I popped my focal panel onto my card using dimensionals and this completed my project. 

Hope you enjoyed this post and thanks so much for stopping by!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Touch  -  Challenge #7
613 Avenue Create  - Challenge #66 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #126 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  - Challenge Apr 4-8 - Anything Goes
StampTV - MIUM - Celebrate Spring - STV14MON13
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -  Challenge #29 - Patterned Paper
Crafty Girls  -  Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody  -  Challenge #40 - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers  -  Challenge #114 - You've Been Framed
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #12 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz  -  Challenge #225  -  Springtime


18 comments:

Aurora said...

Olga, you made a very beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Cheers,
Aurora

Unknown said...

Olga, This is just so sweet, a very beautiful card. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Sue said...

Gorgeous card love the colours thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT

designermc said...

What a pretty card. I love the sft colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craft Room Door.
Nancy, DT

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so pretty and delicate. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge. Good Luck in the draw.....and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tiuesday
XX

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and the black corner pieces really dress it up perfectly! I have to remember to make use of mine more often. Too many toys I think!

cass said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week

~ginny said...

Hi Olga! Love the color you chose for the background and the flowers... very pretty! The corners are so delicate and are beautiful with the die-cut around your focal image. nicely done! Thank you so much for sharing your project & creativity at our house!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create:
#66 ATG Challenge [with optional "Sights, Sounds, Smells, Taste of Spring"]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Lin said...

I love this soft orange against the dark chocolate. A very pretty design and the die cut frames things beautifully

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Joan Fricker said...

Olga, this card is beautiful. Love the colors and the printed paper is so pretty.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan'Touch for the weekly callenge.
Joan's Touch
www.joanstouch.com

Janette said...

Very pretty card Olga..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card and a lovely design. Thank you for joining us at CCM&M this time.
Yvonne

Unknown said...

this is a very beautiful and elegant card Olga! Thank you for joining us in our Spring Time challenge at Crafty Catz !
Mirella DK
DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

Naomi Johnson said...

A really lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

verybellemakes said...

Such a pretty card, love the colour choice. Thank you for joining the Crafty Girls this week, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

J said...

Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more... I love these colours!

Jackie

fionalawlor said...

Such a pretty card and i love the colours that you have used :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Fiona x