Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Thinking of You Branch


Hello! I don't have many Martha Stewart border punches but I wanted to see what I could do with this one after trying out one of my other ones in my last post. These are different from the punch-around-the-page punches. They are not meant to punch continuously around all four sides but it can be done.

I began with creating my base card in ivory card stock. I added a layer of GKD Little Boy Blue. Next, I created a frame in ivory using a Martha Stewart punch and adhered it to the blue layer. I used a corner punch to round the corners. This was put aside while I worked on my focal point.

Using the third and fourth largest dies from Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25, I cut and embossed my focal point panel in ivory. Before removing it from the die, I sponged Memento Summer Sky ink around the edges and stamped a leaf branch (from GKD Elegant Florals). After removing it, I positioned my sentiment (GKD Framed Greetings) and stamped it in black ink.

Again, using the third largest die from the same Spellbinders set, I cut a panel in blue. I used this panel to offset my focal image panel and adhered them together. Finally, I popped this on to my base card with dimensionals to complete my project.

I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for stopping by. 


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #69 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  GCC0428  - Anything Goes 
Crafting from the Heart  -  Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #54 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -   Challenge #129 - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays  -  Challenge #204 - CAS
Brown Sugar Challenge  -  Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Just B Creative Crazy -  April's Just Because Linky Party
Craftitude  -  Challenge #63 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls  -  Challenge #16 - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Abundant Blessings, Carole

crafty-stamper said...

very elegant card love the die-cuts and punched border -thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
Carol DT x

Donna Ellis said...

How feminine, sweet, and elegant, all rolled into one, Olga! this is gorgeous! I've enjoyed a wonderful morning browsing your blog, seeing the pretties you've created, and love your style! I am your newest google and bloglovin' follower! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card again. Wonderful punching art tactics by you too. And, love the offset style of the focal image. That is really cool!

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Hi olga a beautiful card thankyou for entering it in our challenge at Crafting from the heart.
Hugs
Fiona dt/blog co-owner x

verybellemakes said...

Beautiful card, very effective use of nested frames! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Karen said...

Stunning card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge